Create and manage cases in the field
The process of enforcing city codes and ordinances in a timely manner can be challenging for agencies dependent on paper-based or insufficient processes. With Accela, code officers can easily create and manage cases on the go.
Get straight to work by planning the day’s cases and travel routes on a mobile device. Follow-up on cases to verify violations have been corrected. Spot a violation during a proactive sweep? Create a case on the spot. Take pictures, draw and attach sketches, and make notes using speech recognition—and share results with office staff in real time. Not near Wi-Fi? Not a problem. Access the information you need and work offline in remote areas with limited or no connectivity.
With Accela Land Management for Code Enforcement, you can:
- Create and manage cases on the go using any mobile device
- Optimize travel routes against your daily job list
- Easily create cases using your current field location, a specific address or parcel on a map
- Create and print reports in the field
- Communicate status updates and violations to citizens
- Share real-time results and information with agency
“ Our building inspectors are out there in the field using the Accela Inspector app to close out their inspections, and we have code officers out there handling their cases with the Code Officer app.”
William Flynn - GISP, Senior IT Specialist
New Braunfels, Texas
- Visualize cases on a map: Scheduling investigations is easy with built-in GIS capabilities and our award-winning integration with Esri ArcGIS. Search for open cases near your location that require verification or further follow-up to maximize your productivity in the field.
- Increase productivity with real-time case management: Create and manage cases on the go using any mobile device. Collect and upload critical data, photos and documents and attach them to a case—without switching devices or going into the office.
- Access information at the click of a button: Quickly view case details and respond to complaints with mobile access to a central database of all activities, people, documents and other information needed to successfully resolve complex code enforcement issues.
- Keep citizens informed with automated notifications: Once you’ve documented and processed a case, immediately send a notice to the offender to correct the issue. Also, send a status update to the individual who originally submitted the complaint, letting citizens know you take their concerns seriously.
Learn more about Accela Land Management.